Monday, October 14, 2013

Using the Reminders

I've included three reminders you can set to prompt yourself to take action.  Before I created Mood Sentry, I used Microsoft Outlook and other e-mail programs to set reminders to take some sort of action to better manage my mood.  Reminding myself to do something gave me the little extra nudge I needed, on occasion.  My original morning reminder was a combination of the morning reminder on Mood Sentry and My Experiences.  It was basically a one sided sheet of paper I would review each day, though after a while I had two versions of the sheet.  When I created Mood Sentry, I was concerned that having all that text on one screen would result in a lot of scrolling, so I broke the reminder into a short prompt and My Experiences.  This fit much better on the small format of the phone.  The mid day reminder was originally just this: "What has gone well so far today?"  The idea was to take a moment and recognize that some things have gone well.  The evening reminder was something I developed for the phone.  I figured that as long as I have a morning and mid-day reminder, I might as well have an evening reminder.

Do you use the reminders?  Have you customized the verbiage to yourself?  Let me know how the reminders work for you.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment