Thursday, October 17, 2013

Tailoring My Experiences

It's been a while since I've posted about tailoring My Experiences.  I've left most of them as is, because what you see in the examples are what I was using at the time I created the database with those items.  However, over time I have modified a couple, just a bit.  When I modify them I usually delete the text that says "Example:".  That makes it easy for me to identify when I've modified an entry.  The system has two database fields for each manifestation and two for each mitigation.  One field is for the example text and the other field is for your customized text.  The way the logic works is like this: if the customized text field is blank, then the system displays the example text.  The result is that the system will usually show something.  Once takeaway is that once you customize the text, the system will show you your custom text.  I created this tool because I thought customizing each distortion to my own experiences would help be understand the concept of cognitive distortions, and I think it did.  I hope it does for you too.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment