Thursday, October 24, 2013

Some Background on Mood Sentry

What drove me to develop Mood Sentry was a decision at my company to dis-allow access to Google Docs from behind the company's firewall. Prior to that decision I had been using Google Docs to capture and record my thoughts, mostly via a running journal.  I also used my e-mail client, Microsoft Outlook to remind me in the morning and at lunchtime to think about what distortions might come up and prepare for them (morning) and to look back on my day and recognize what has gone well (lunch). Once I lost access to Google docs, I had two choices regarding my journaling, one was to go back to my old method of using e-mail to capture my thoughts and then mail them to my home e-mail account and the other was to see if I could develop an app that provided the tools I need to capture my thoughts and develop counter measures to those thoughts.  At first I chose the e-mail option, but that rapidly grew old and I started developing Mood Sentry.  My Outlook reminders turned into My Experiences and Daily Reminders.  My journaling turned into several of the Journaling tools, such as Cost Benefit analysis and Observations.  It took a while to learn to program an app, but I persisted and finally got Mood Sentry working.  I originally had a free version that had limited functionality and was good for 30 days, but I pulled that from the market.  I pulled it when I dropped the price from 4.99 down to 1.99.  I may once again offer a free, limited capability version, but right now it's not in the pipeline.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment