Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Reviewing Past Entries

Because I've had Mood Sentry on my phone for a couple of years now, I have a lot of entries in the various tools in the app.  Every now and then I take the time to review the entries.  Not necessarily looking at specific entries related to a specific thought, but randomly selecting entries just to see what I wrote.  It's interesting to see how some things still apply and some don't.  I often delete the ones that no longer apply.  Another thing I do is edit for clarity.  Sometimes when I re-read these entries, I find grammar and spelling errors, and wording that's not quite clear.  Even though these are only for me and spelling and grammar do not count, I still take the time to edit the ones that can use some editing.  One other thing I may do is edit for accuracy.  Sometime what is written is clear, but on further reflection I find that it is not quite accurate.  I've noted here and there that creating entries in Mood Sentry is rarely a one shot deal for me.  I often will write and re-write my entries for clarity, grammar, and accuracy.  Persistent access is the main reason for having it on the phone.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment