Sunday, October 13, 2013

Used the Event Prep Tool

I had an event tonight, a farm dinner, for which I used the Event Prep tool.  These events tend to have a lot of participants and commotion going on which can saturate my hearing and my attention.  The result is that I can feel overwhelmed and then withdraw.  I used the event prep tool to identify some things I can do, such as excuse myself and take a short walk to "decompress" a bit, to manage the situation.  This technique works because, well, a farm dinner is usually held on a farm so there's usually plenty of places to walk.  Using the event prep to identify things I can do to manage my thoughts and mood was helpful in this situation.  I'm glad I created it.  Have you tried it?

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment