Friday, October 4, 2013

Another Funk of a Day

I'm not sure what happened, but I winged it today and didn't use the app until this evening.  I think I'm nailing down the thought that is preventing me from doing things.  I hate to share this because it seems kind of silly (Labeling?), but I think the thought is that if I start something, it will take longer than expected and I won't have enough time to get to all the other things I have to do.  This is especially true because all the other things I have to do are all going to take longer than expected too.  The result is I procrastinate doing anything, which really doesn't help and assures that I won't get to all the other things.  I see forecasting as well as all or nothing thinking in these thoughts.  I have the new Task Timer tool, but timing everything I do?  That sounds like a bit much.  Writing this right now is helping.  First, I can combat this with some logic.  Sometime things do take longer than planned, sometimes things take the expected time, and other times they take less time.  I've never had the experience that everything takes longer.  Second, I can use my prioritization scheme to help identify what is important, and focus on those items first.  That should help narrow the list.  For things that repeat, I can use the task timer tool.  I'll also make sure I review My Experiences tomorrow and focus on the forecasting and all or nothing entries.  We'll see how things go tomorrow.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment