Monday, October 21, 2013

Things Went OK Today

The day started off with a feeling of doom, that something bad was going to happen.  I came to a realization this morning that things rarely go bad all at once.  When things go bad they tend to do so over time, and thus there are often a few opportunities to catch things early and correct as necessary.  This realization helped reduce, but not eliminate my feeling of doom because I'm pretty good at keeping track of my progress and recognizing when things are starting to get off track.  Actually, a chunk of my Monday morning is spent reviewing progress and looking for problems.  This will make it into a counter thought entry I have for this feeling of doom.  As the day progressed I still had this feeling of anxiety and pending doom, but the intensity of the feeling was not that bad.  I had a therapist appointment this afternoon and talked a bit about what drives this feeling, which seems to be a core belief that I'm no good.  I've addressed that core belief in the app too, mainly be addressing the totality of the phrase and that being no good at everything is a near impossibility.  I felt better after seeing my therapist and getting the thoughts out in the open.

I set some goals for tomorrow and will try to get a good night's rest.  Let's see what tomorrow brings.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment