Friday, October 25, 2013

Hit Most of my Goals Today

It was a pretty good day today.  I hit most of my goals, and the one I didn't hit was really a stretch goal and important.  Regarding managing my thoughts, I did OK.  I had a low level of anxiety that was driven partly by some forecasts I had regarding a request for information.  Being me, I figured the information would be bad.  I caught myself thinking like that and tried some counter thoughts such as the information could be good, but would most probably be neutral.  That helped lessen my feelings but didn't eliminate them.  The information was in-fact neutral.  There really weren't any other pressing items on my agenda for the day other than some stuff related to the Android version of Mood Sentry.  I"m working on some updates to the code that should have little if any impact on the user experience, but are a bit complex and thus anxiety provoking.  Again, the feelings are driven by forecasts that things won't work right and I'll never get the updates working or something along those lines.  Those thoughts tend to drive procrastination, but I overcame them and got what I really wanted to get done, done this evening.  So how am I ending my day?  I set some goals for tomorrow, mostly recreation related, I reviewed a few entries in Mood Sentry, and I did this.  Let's see how tomorrow goes.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment