Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Prioritization Tool

The Prioritization tool is the tool I'm a little uncomfortable with because it just seems too simple for a complex task like prioritization.  Prioritizing activities based on time seems too simple because there are often many reasons to consider one task more important than another.  However, in practice, I've had good luck using the Prioritization tool.  I typically revert to this tool during times of high workload, such as when working on a report that is due or a proposal response.  I use the tool mostly for guidance when prioritizing tasks and find that it helps far more often than not.  I always reserve the option of overriding the tool's guidance because there may be a reason to do so.  For example, even though something is due weeks away the amount of work required for that activity may drive its priority higher.  The tool works pretty well, but I still feel funny publishing it because it seems too simple.  Have you tried it?  How did it work for you?

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment