Monday, July 29, 2013

Using Mood Sentry

If you're new to Mood Sentry and don't know where to begin, try My Experiences and Reminders.  Those are basically the first two features of this app I created.  I created My Experiences so I could have a tailored set of Cognitive Distortions that I could reference early in the day and prime  myself for whatever came up later in the day.  The reminders were created for the obvious reason, to remind me to take some action.  When I'm really in a funk, the reminders can give me the push I need to defeat any "what's the use" type feeling I may have.  When I'm feeling OK, the reminders can nudge me to take action when I think I don't need to take any action.  I'm usually better of in both cases when I take the action of the reminders.  Try customizing your most frequent distortions to yourself, and setting just one reminder to take action.  See how things work for you.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment