Friday, July 26, 2013

Took a Vacation Day Today

I really needed a break from work, and today was a good day to take one because there's a lull in my workload right now.  I spent a chunk of the dat working on the next update to Mood Sentry, and hit some snags along the way.  It took longer for me to load the prototype of the new version on my test devices than I planned.  I hit myself with some should statements, "this should not be taking this long" and some over generalizations, "I'll never get this working."  But their effects were short lived.  I recognized the distortions fairly quickly which helped mitigate their impact but didn't eliminate it.  I also read part of Chapter 4 in "Feeling Good."  It's been a while since I read that chapter.  It seems I always pick up new isights when I do this, and this was no exception.  Early in the chapter Dr. Burns talks about equating worth with self esteem.  I think when I first read this chapter I didn't think it applied to me much.  But as I learn more about myself and get better at capturing my thoughts I can see that this type of thought pattern does pop up on occasion.  I think one of the new tools I'm adding will help in this area.  Yes, I'll share more about the new tools in later postings.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment