Thursday, July 18, 2013

Got Into a Real Funk Today

There were lots of things going on today at work.  One thing was a process audit of how I keep track of the time I spend working on different projects.  In general, I did pretty well during the audit, though there was one question that I answered honestly, which was the wrong answer.  When I realized that I answered the question wrong, I started down the road to funkville.  Other things started bothering me too, things at work as well as at home.  I couldn't really put my finger on what was driving my mood until this evening.   I reviewed My Experiences and identified "Should" statements regarding my answer in the audit, Forecasting regarding one of the projects I'm supporting, Forecasting regarding dealing with realtors, Overgerneralizations regarding my home life, and Emotional Reasoning pulling all these together.  I'm not sure how I figured all this out, but thinking back on my day while reviewing My Experiences really helped.  I ended up challenging these thoughts and then power walking, which both helped lessen the impact of those distorted thoughts.  I'm feeling OK now, and expect to feel better in the morning.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment