Sunday, July 21, 2013

Opening My Experiences

It's not uncommon for me to open My Experiences at the end of the day and find myself on the Experience that is most relevant at that time.  Maybe it's because what ails me early in the day ails me late in the day, or maybe it just seems like the one I'm on is most relevant because all the entries are mine and thus all feel true to me.  I bring this up because when I opened My Experiences this evening I found myself on Mental Filter, which pretty much covered what has been on my mind this afternoon and evening.  I have a lot going in at work and actually went in for a few hours this morning.  I didn't get all I planned to do done, but I did get some critical items off my plate.  I found myself focusing only on the things that I didn't get to.  That drove my mood low and resulted in some Should statements in regards to spending more time at work, and some forecasts of conflict when I get in tomorrow because I didn't get enough done this weekend.  I did some self talk focusing on what I achieved and pointing out that some of the stuff I didn't get to may get done fairly quickly tomorrow morning.  Regarding conflict, most people are not that confrontational at my workplace, I have some entires on this.  I don't think anyone expected me to work this weekend.  I'll try to get a good night's sleep and see how I feel in the morning.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment