Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Upcoming Changes

I've mentioned that I have some changes in the works.  I'm adding 4 new tools to Mood Sentry.  Because the Tools list started getting large, I decided to break it in two.  I'm classifying the tools as either Journaling tools or Thriving tools.  Journaling tools are the ones we use to capture our thoughts, like the Event Log or the Essays.  Thriving tools are the ones that set goals and are forward looking, such as the Daily Goals or the Ideal Self.  A couple of the new tools are Journaling tools, and a couple are Thriving tools.  I'll tell you about one of the Journaling tools.  It's called Auto Thoughts and is intended to help you capture your automatic thoughts.  It has three windows, much like the Contact Us page, but it has a drop down menu too.  In the top window we'll capture the situation and our feelings.  In the middle window we'll capture our automatic thoughts and any cognitive distortions associated with those thoughts, and in the bottom window we'll capture our counter thoughts and mitigation ideas. I think capturing those thoughts close to when they happen will be a good thing.  We'll see.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment