Saturday, July 6, 2013

Social Event Tonight

I'm going out with friends to a concert tonight.  I have issues with groups of friends, depending on the size, and being in a concert setting doesn't help improve the situation.  The big issue is a the constant draw on my attention.  I seem to have some attention regulating challenges and have a tough time paying attention to the person talking to me.  I keep looking around at other pop up items, such as sudden laughter or quick movements.  I get kind of fatigued after a while, say about an hour and a half.  In the past I haven't managed it well.  I have one custom entry in Mood Sentry related to this, and I have reviewed it.  One thing I can do is take a walk and get to the edge of the crowd.  It helps if I can get all the commotion coming at me from one direction.  Finding a quite place to get away is also helpful, but I don't think I'll be able to do that at this venue.  One thing I need to do if I take a walk is to let my wife know.  In the past, I've waited until I was very stressed and simply got up and walked without telling her.  That wasn't met with enthusiasm on her part.  I've learned that it's OK for me to take a walk, and keeping her in the loop is a good thing.  I think I'll do OK tonight.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment