Monday, December 9, 2013

Using the Daily Goals

When I first created the Daily Goals tool I planned on only having one item per line.  I thought this made sense because as I completed one goal or objective I could simply replace what ever was on that line with another goal or objective.  However, because the lines are long enough for multiple items I usually have more than one item per line, at least for the things I plan to accomplish.  I can still replace items if needed but I tend not to.  One benefit of doing this has been that at end of the day I can typically see multiple things I've accomplished.  If I only had one item per line then I would only see the last  three things I accomplished or at least intended to accomplish.  I get a better sense of perspective when I can see all or most of the things I accomplished in one glance.  Actually, I typically only track important things and if I really think about it I often realize that there were several other things I accomplished on that day.  For me, this can help defeat feelings of not having gotten anything done on a given day.  I thought about adding more lines to the things I plan to accomplish section but three lines seems to be adequate for me.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment