Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Had to Get Away from the Desk This Morning

I arrived at the office today and just started attacking my work without making the time to review Mood Sentry.  After a couple of hours I was feeling a bit anxious and decided to get away from my desk and walk out to my car.  There, I pulled out my phone and started to review My Experiences.  It helped.  I was able to recognize some distortions that were driving my mood.  These were my usual forecasts of conflict and tasks that will never get done.  I was able to address these and get back to work.  Note that addressing these involved action on my part, such as contacting people about the stuff that was on my mind and finding out the real answer, not what I imagined the real answer to be.  Making the time review My Experiences when something is bothering me is typically a productive idea.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment