Sunday, December 8, 2013

One of My Entries...

I talk a lot about reviewing my entries.  Sometimes I post one.  This is one of those times.  This is an observation I did a while back, and still review/revise periodically…
Observation
Sometimes I have a lot of anxiety when  looking toward the stuff I need to do. The feelings are due to thoughts such as not being able to do the work, spending a lot of time working on something only to find out it's crap, not knowing on which to start.


These thoughts can drive procrastination.  I'm usually better off just picking something and starting it.  Setting a stopping point can help, which can be a time limit as well as a convenient stopping point.
This maybe driven by my tendency for all or nothing thinking, which may drive should statements telling me that I should be able to finish everything "today," which may drive labeling if I can't.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment