Thursday, December 5, 2013

After the Fact

It's not unusual for me to realize the distortion after the fact.  I've been stressing on things at work all week long.  Tonight, while reviewing My Experiences, I realized one of the thoughts that was driving my stress was a Should Statement related to updating my project plans earlier this year.  I "should" have asked for more money at the time.  My funds are getting kind of tight right now.  I used the example in My Experiences related to should statements, and it helped.  I replace the should with "it might have been better had" I asked for more money.  I also thought back to the process I used, and realized I did about as good as I could have done.  I might change things up a bit when doing forecasting in the future, but those changes will be minor.  And finally, thought money will be tight at the end, I think we'll get everything we need to get done, done.  So why the stress?  Even though I realized this after the fact, it still had a positive impact on my mood and I believe will continue to do so tomorrow.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment