Friday, December 20, 2013

Quite a Week

It's Friday, and this work week is finally over.  I accomplished all I really needed to this week, and actually finished the last major item after 4 pm this afternoon.  These tasks were tinder to my thoughts, stoking all sorts of distortions this week.  So what to do now?  Reflect back on the week, the thoughts that came up, how I handled those thoughts and how things actually turned out.  I had a lot of forecasts of failure, that I would need to spend all night working on these tasks, that other people supporting this effort would tell me that they can't get their job done.  None of that happened.  I did spend some extra time working, particularly yesterday and today, but I was able to get some exercise in, run errands, and spend time with my wife.  I had to give a few things up and didn't work on the app as much as I would have liked, but it was only for a week.  I'm fairly open this weekend and expect to get some more personal stuff done.  I used the app every day to help counter the thoughts that kept popping up.  These initial thoughts are usually catastrophic, but I'm getting pretty good at catching them and countering them.  Things turned out good.  I need to keep this in mind.  Weeks like this are a fact of life and the fact that I navigated it successfully is something good to keep in mind.  I think there may be an observation, or perhaps an event to capture for future reference.  I think I'll try this as an event.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment