Thursday, December 26, 2013

Holiday Use

Today I made good use of Mood Sentry, reviewing My Experiences as well as a few entries in the Journaling and Thriving tool sets.  The main benefit has to do with something I don't think I've ever posted about before which is the canker sores I can get after periods of stress.  These things can be quite uncomfortable and thus can start my day off in a negative mood.  It's kind of like emotional reasoning in that the discomfort drives me to look at other things in my life through a lens of negativity. Fortunately, I'm getting better at recognizing this.  What types of distortinons pop up?  Overgeneralizations, such as these things will never go away, Magnifications regarding the importance of these things, and a should statement or two such as I should really handle my stress better.  I can counter these thoughts fairly easily.  The key for me is to take the time to examine my thoughts and see what's on my mind.  Mood Sentry helps in this respect with its reminders.  Of course, it's ultimately up to me to actually use the app.  I'm glad I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment