Friday, December 6, 2013

Sometimes it's Tough Getting Started

Sometimes it's tough getting started using Mood Sentry, for a given day.  I'm not sure why because I've had good results using it.  The symptom is that I'll delay using Mood Sentry rather than open it first thing in the morning.  That delay can end up lasting a good portion of the day.  Here's the catch, on those infrequent days that I delay using Mood Sentry I typically have something important to address and causing me stress and anxiety.  Isn't that when I need the tool the most?  Sometimes I'm able to push myself to use it and when I do it helps.  This is why I have the reminder automatically open Mood Sentry on my phone.  However, on these days in question I'll often close it with the intention of opening it again at a later time.  I'm not sure what to do about this other than relax and accept that this will happen every now and then.  I could beat myself up with a should statement ("you really should use the app!") but that would be counter-productive, I think.  I'll think about this a bit more and see if I can come up with a gentle but effective way to motivate myself to use the app on these days.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment