Monday, September 16, 2013

Started a New Observation Today

I had to capture a thought and so I started a new Observation today.  It was one of those kind of obvious thoughts, but for some reason struck a chord and I wanted to capture it.  What happened was I thought to myself "I feel like something bad is going to happen."  Which is a typical Monday morning feeling for me.  Then I realized that I didn't really capture what was going on in my head.  A more complete description would have been "I feel anxious, because I think something bad is going to happen."  This change helped me clarify the feeling as well as the thought.  This just seems like a better way to capture the actual feeling and drive the point that the thought is the catalyst for the feeling.  I was working on this entry this evening, and noticed that I started a similarly themed Auto Thoughts entry.  I think I'll work this on both tools and see how each develops.  Quite often I find that  one tool is better at capturing and countering a thought than another, but I may have to develop the thought in each tool before the best choice becomes obvious.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment