Monday, September 2, 2013

Ran Into a Problem with a Website this Evening

One of my volunteer activities is to maintain a website for a non-profit, environmentally focused organization.  This evening I was updating the site and noticed that in two places where we announce our upcoming activities, neither location was working properly.  I spent about 45 minutes trying to fix the site and finally put in a request for help.  I'm forecasting conflict because I need help from one of two support groups and thus anticipating that they will each point the finger at the other.  I'm also finding myself using "should" statements in regard to the system we're using for the website, more specifically that we "should" have chosen another system.  I have more thoughts that I just don't have time for this.  I can counter each of these.  Such as it's just as likely that one of the two groups will see my problem and point me in the right direction.  More likely they will want to know what, if anything has changed recently.  Regarding the should statement, it might have been better had a different system been chosen, but this one was free and it has a lot of capability.  Not having the time?  It's true that I'm very busy with work right now, and I see this continuing for the next few weeks, but this might be fixable with a minimal amount of effort.  I really don't know how long it will take.  I think I can hold off judgement until I learn more and then figure out how I can fit it into my schedule.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment