Sunday, September 22, 2013

iOS 7 Update Submitted to Apple for Review

Again, my apologies for not checking the app sooner against iOS 7.  I spent the weekend working on fixes, which turned out to only require minor tweaks, but these tweaks affected just about every piece of source code in the app.  Yikes.  I took the opportunity to clean up the code so future updates will be a bit easier.  I submitted the update to the iTunes store.  The process is that Apple will review it, and if all is OK, the app will be for release as soon as they give me the OK.  So what's different?

The hints, options, and selector (the drop down menus we use to select items to display) are all updated.  One update was required to access the "Done" button at the bottom of the view.  Accessing this button is what caused the app to crash in iOS 7.  I fixed that.  There were some other coding changes I did to make it easier to update these temporary views in the future.  Then I updated the look.  Rather than keeping the dark background of Mood Sentry, I now use a light background which keeps me in line with how Apple would like these temporary views to look.

The menu bar at the bottom of the screen is different.  We used to have button down there, and I worked really hard to get those buttons to look consistent and fit across the bottom of the screen.  Well, in iOS 7, Apple re-did the buttons so they don't look like buttons, just text you can tap.  Each button has its own width, and they seem to fit across the bottom of the page.  It looks good.

Top navigation bar and bottom tool bar are now black, instead of the blue they were before.  I'm not sure I'm crazy about that, but I'll keep it for the time being.  Note that this was a choice I made.  I think the default is white now.  There were some other structural changes to the main View Controller that I needed so that the elements in the display fit properly on the screen.

I updated the screen shots too, which was something I forgot to do on the last update.  And I updated the program I use to develop Mood Sentry for the iPhone, which means I now have a built in emulator for iOS 7.  I'll keep that program up to date in the future.  I'll post when the update is release.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment