Sunday, September 8, 2013

Had an OK Day

I had this nagging thought that I should spend more time on work related activities today.  I just felt that there was so much stuff I need to do, that I'd never get it all done.  To address these distortions, I made a brief list of what I thought I needed to accomplish.  I set a goal of reducing my workload on Monday to make sure I had time to address pop-up crises/requests.  This helped.  When I keep everything in my head I loose track of some of the items and I start to feel overwhelmed.  When I write things down, I can keep track of the important items and can visualize myself completing them.  Setting the goal to reduce my workload helped too.  Just completing one thing means I achieved my goal, and every accomplishment after that helps even more.  I managed to keep the thoughts regarding should work more and never getting everything done in check, but they were still in my head, lurking in the background.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment