Saturday, August 10, 2013

Worked My Experiences this Evening

I took my time and reviewed My Experiences this evening, focusing on the things that have been bothering me most at work over the past week.  It helped.  How?  By getting me to focus on my thoughts through specific lenses, such as Mental Filter.  Looking back over the past week I could see that I was focused on the things that didn't go well with the job opportunity.  There were things that did go well, such as I aced the interview and I did in fact get an offer.  I also thought about how disqualifying the positive can combine with my All or Nothing thinking to drive some anxiety related to project status.  Each distortion presents a lens through with I can look at the thoughts that drive my feelings.  The lens may apply or it may not.  Reviewing My Experiences makes me apply them all and identify which, if any, apply to a particular thought pattern.  How about you?

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment