Monday, August 5, 2013

Tough Day at Work

I turned down a job opportunity today.  I knew I was going to do this, and tossed and turned last night thinking about it.  I had my typical forecasts of conflict, but did not experience any, which is also typical (the experience is not like the forecast).  The reason for turning the offer down was that it would require a demotion.  I really wanted the job, but not enough to justify the demotion (one step down in grade).  I found myself using should statements, such as they should have offered the job at the higher grade, which didn't help my mood.  I caught a lot of these distortions but my mood was still sour for most of the day.  Lots of anxiety and depression.  I've journaled some of these thoughts in Mood Sentry this evening and I'm feeling much better now.  I'm still a bit anxious about the whole ordeal, but I think I'll get a much better night's sleep tonight.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment