Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Cost Benefit Tool

I don't use the Cost Benefit tool that often.  I tend to not buy into the Cost Benefit format in terms of convincing me to change my thought patterns, but I can buy into in in terms of motivating me to keep trying.   As a result, I probably have fewer entries in the Cost Benefit tool than I do in any of the other tools, except the Ideal Self tool.  I still review what I have in the CB tool because it helps me look at my thoughts in a different perspective.  I tend to have more costs than benefits, but that is probably due to focusing on negative thoughts.  Now that I write this, I'm wondering if I can use the tool to encourage positive thoughts.  I'll think about that.  The benefits of such an entry would probably out-weigh the costs.  I'll see if I can come up with a positive thought for this tool.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment