Monday, August 19, 2013

Had Lots of Challenges Today

I have a lot of unrelated tasks to address at work, and it seems all have interactions that in my mind have the potential to turn confrontational.  Thus, my day was fraught with forecasts of conflict and doom.  What do I do?  It depends.  Sometimes I procrastinate and find something else to work on while other times I just jump in.  The thing is that jumping in rarely results in a negative experience.  I have some custom entries that relate to stuff like this, which now that I think of it I should review before turning in for the night.  Procrastination really doesn't do much for me except lengthen the amount of time to forecast conflict and doom.  When I catch these forecasts I can counter the thoughts, but I think the better thing to do is get the interaction over with ASAP.  I'll make forecasting a special topic for myself this week and make sure I address it in some way every day.  I can create new entries and/or update existing entries.  Perhaps I'll share something on this blog.  We'll see.   Mood Sentry is pretty handy for recording what's going on in my head at any given moment and reviewing the record at a later, less hectic time.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment