Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Ideal Self Tool

I added the Ideal Self tool to help me focus on what/who I want to be.  The reason was that I had identified myself as a depressed person who tried to hide it from others for quite some time, and I needed something to help me think of myself as something other than that.  So, I created the ideal self tool based on some books I read such as The New Psycho Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz.  I figured documenting what I want and reviewing it every now and then would put my focus on the future I want rather than the past I was trying to leave behind.  It helps a bit, and may help more as I progress in my recovery.  How does it work for you?

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment