Friday, May 3, 2013

Social Event this Evening

I had a social event this evening, dinner with friends.  I can get a little "saturated" at events like this, mostly due to being surrounded by multiple conversations and other noise sources.  I have things I can do beforehand to help me prepare, such as tips on conversation and recognizing things I can do to help reduce the tension (take a walk, find a quieter area and sit for a while).  Tonight I didn't really have a chance to take a walk or get away and as a result I got a little testy with some of my friends.  Fortunately, they didn't hold it against me so perhaps I didn't appear as testy as I felt.  Things like this happen every now and then.  I used to ruminate on events like this for hours, I think I'm getting better at managing my ruminations.  I also think reviewing my entries related to social gathering helps too.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment