Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Minor Episode Tonight

There I was, updating the tool I use to build the android version of Mood Sentry, when all of the sudden the app wouldn't build.  The symptom was a little red circle with a white "X" in the middle of it next to a majority of the file names.  That's when the should statements started.  I shouldn't have done the update.  Then the overgeneralizations kicked in with I'll never fix this.  I managed to catch those thoughts quickly.  Of course I should have updated the app, I have to do that every now and then.  I certainly didn't know that I'd have an issue with an update.  They usually go very smoothly.  And I will eventually fix this.  I then remembered that something similar had happened in the past, and I did in fact fix it.  I kept that thought and kept working the issue and finally resolved it.  I simply needed to run the update tool one more time.  Just like I had to do in the past.  I have to do that every now and then and probably should document that.  It took me an hour to remember to run the updater twice.  Things are working fine now, and I'm feeling better.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment