Monday, May 20, 2013

How Things Went Today

I didn't sleep that well last night but rose early anyway this morning and hit the gym.  Working out is something I do to help manage my condition.  At the gym I was managing my thoughts by recognizing my tendency toward all or nothing thinking, should statements, and forecasting, and countering the thoughts that came up in relation to the challenge that I recognized yesterday.  I felt anxious but was able to keep that feeling in check by actively addressing my thoughts.  When I got to work I checked my e-mail but didn't see what I wanted to see, which was the receipt of additional funding for my project.  I was still stressing and actively managing my thoughts when I got the word that the funding had arrived and I would be OK.  Actually, it turns out the funding had arrived last Friday, so there really never was an issue.  I felt a lot of relief and took the time to review Mood Sentry to address the thoughts that I had been dealing with.  When I got home this evening I reviewed Dr. Burns' book "Feeling Good..." and just thumbed through it, skimming the various chapters.  I think I'll re-read the chapter on defeating guilt.  In general, things went well today.  I kept my mood in check and got what I needed at work.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment