Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Correction and Update to Yesterday's Post

I have a correction and update to yesterday's post.  First, it was actually a Tuesday morning thought.  That's the impact of a long weekend I guess.  Next, I updated this entry by adding some counter thoughts and challenges to what I originally recorded.  This is how I develop my entries on my phone, in phases like this.  I'll continue to update this and really try to capture what's going on but probably won't post this anymore.  I"m doing this to share how I use the app.

Observation Title: Not Working on Weekend
Tues am thought - I should have worked over the weekend.
Forecast being overwhelmed by work not done plus work remaining and unknown pop up items
Label myself a not very good worker for not working over the weekend.
Mindread that others will think the same once they realize that i don't have everything done.
Forecast that i'll be dressed down for this.
Feeling depressed and anxious.

Why should I have worked?  It was a holiday weekend.  The company, nor any colleague expected me to work.  In fact the power at work was turned off.
How often have i ever been overwhelmed by work?  It's the exception, not the rule.
Not a good worker?  Because I didn't work over a holiday weekend?  Am I not ethical, honest, able to solve tough problems, reliable?  Don't those define a good worker?
If no one expected me to work, why would anyone think I'm a bad worker?
So when was the last time I was dressed down? Two decades ago?  And wasn't that unwarranted, reflecting poorly on him and not me?

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment