Saturday, May 25, 2013

Got in a Bit of a Rut this Afernoon

I got in a bit of a rut this afternoon when I turned the TV on and started vegging out rather than working on the next update to the app.  It was just like described in Dr. Burns' book "Feeling Good" in the chapter dealing with defeating guilt.  I started trying to motivate myself with should statements, which made me feel crappy and continue watching the TV.  Part of the problem was it felt like I had a huge effort in regards to the update, and I just didn't know where to start, or where to end.  It wasn't until I decided to just work on one area of the update that I was able to get off the couch and turn the TV off.  Giving myself a short task and deciding that it would be enough for today was all I needed.  I ended up completing that task and then some, which was a good thing.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment