Monday, June 17, 2013

Woke Early, Didn't Get Back to Sleep for While

I work a couple of hours early and didn't get back to sleep until what seemed like a few minutes before the alarm went off.  I had this general feeling of doom.  That something bad was going to happen today.  I tried to figure out the specific thoughts that were driving this feeling, but couldn't put my finger on any.  I tried to fit the feeling to should statements, forecasts, and all or nothing thoughts, but none of them felt like the culprit.  I'm getting better at identifying distorted thoughts and challenging them, but I'm not sure what to do with these general feelings I get at times.  Perhaps I just have too many things on my plate that are tenuous.  I'll need to keep working this item.  So how did things go at work today?  I was well prepared and nailed the major items I had in my daily goals.  Being prepared helped.  I also managed to minimize the procrastination that can get in my way, which really help me rack up a list of accomplishments.  I think I did pretty well today and over all had a good day.  So what's up with the general feeling of doom?  I'll have to work on that.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment