Friday, June 21, 2013

It Doesn't Take Much to Set Me Off

I ran into an unexpected problem this afternoon while working on the update to the iPhone version of Mood Sentry and found myself quickly in a funk.  I think it was mostly overgeneralizations such as I'll never finish this or there's always something that's going to get in my way.  These thoughts really lowered my mood.  The odd thing was that even though I developed a work around, I still found myself in a funk.  It really wasn't until my evening reminder prompted me to look back on my day and see how things went that I started to feel a little bit better.  I actually had a pretty good day.  I tried some new things, made some major progress on the iPhone update, visited an aquarium with my wife, and more.  I started to feel a bit better, but then looked over my e-mail (that I haven't reviewed in a couple of days) and noticed two things that I "should" have opened earlier.  One is related to a list of invitees for a pot luck on Sunday, the other has to do with hiking tomorrow with a friend.  It's a bit late to respond to either right now, thus the should statements telling me I should have looked over my e-mails sooner.

Let's see if I can handle this real-time.  It might have been better if I had reviewed these e-mail earlier.  I could have acted on each in a more timely manner.  However, I was focused on learning how to use the upgraded iPhone development tool set and really needed a steady, continuous time period to work on that.  There really wasn't time for me to drop what I was doing to look over my personal e-mail.  The progress I made was significant, and more important than either of the activities associated with either e-mail.

This is helping.  I'll work this some more before turning in for the night.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment