Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Had an Important Meeting Today

I was forecasting conflict and failure and a generally negative outcome for this meeting, starting last night and lasting through the start of the meeting late this morning.  I kept challenging those thoughts the whole time.  I wasn't able to neutralize the thoughts, they kept coming back.  But I kept recognizing my forecasting, and looking for other distortions such as all or nothing thinking and should statements.  Looking at my thoughts through the lens of guilt helped identify some should statements and some magnifications in the mix of distorted thoughts.  I even pulled up some entries I have in Mood Sentry related to this stuff and reviewed them.  This all helped lessen the impact of these thoughts.  So how did the meeting go?  It went well.  There were no blow ups, no confrontations, just cordial and professional attitudes all around.  This is something to remember.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment