Saturday, June 22, 2013

Anxious Feelings Today

I planned a hike this morning but ended up sleeping in a bit.  I think it was just the hectic pace of the past couple of weeks catching up with me.  However, I did have this mild, nagging feeling of anxiety throughout the day.  I reviewed Mood Sentry and was able to peg it to thoughts related to the iPhone version update.  My thoughts were overgeneralizations  that I'll never finish the updates for iPhone 5 needs and forecasts of getting bogged down in a quagmire of that I can't get myself out of.  Recognizing this I reviewed some entries I have related to technical tasks and forecasts of doom.  This helped reduce those feelings, but didn't eliminate them.  These entries reminded me of my tendency toward all or nothing thinking and perfectionism, which can magnify the importance of little challenges.  These can also make it difficult for me to tell when "good enough" exists and thus push me to keep tweaking the code until it's perfect.  I really don't know what perfect code is, because there is just about always something I can make better, cleaner, more readable.  I also made use of my prioritization scheme.  That also helped me identify what I need to work on as well as what I don't need to work on.  There are good things to have on hand.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment