Sunday, June 2, 2013

Set Some Goals Today

I took a hint from yesterday and set some goals for today to help overcome that inertia I've been experiencing.  I made the goals simple and achievable, or so I thought.  While working to get to my end point, which was an initial scrub of the upcoming update to the iPhone version of Mood Sentry, I learned that I had several minor bugs as well as some incomplete changes to the software.  I spent a big portion of my afternoon and evening correcting the software.  I was never too worried about getting stuck in an extended debug session, probably because I had written goals that seemed achievable.  Had I not documented realistic goals for the day there's a chance that any goal that popped into my head would have become a goal for the day.  There's no way I can complete all the things I can think of completing, and thus I'd feel anxious and probably depressed.  Looking back on my day, I did get done what needed to be done.  I also made time for some recreational activities and a nice lunch with my wife.  It was a pretty good day, and I feel pretty good about it.  I'll set some goals for tomorrow and turn in now.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment