Monday, June 3, 2013

Getting Started

I recently posted about having some trouble getting started on tasks.  I mentioned that one thing I did was review an observation I created related to this issue.  Well, I"m lazy today so I figure I'll post the observation so you can see one way I use Mood Sentry.

Title: Getting Started

Getting started can be tough for me.
It's not just the initiation of a project or task, but even getting started on a continuing task on a given day is a challenge.
I forecast a quagmire, bogging me down to the point that I not only don't finish the task in question, but the rest of my day is shot too.
If I don't finish all planned tasks, then I failed.
If I start i'll get mired in a problem that I will need to finish on that day.

These are exaggerations, all or nothing thinking.
Quagmires are rare.  Most times things get done.
Getting started helps.  Just set a small goal and shoot for that.  If that goal is reached, set a new goal.
Not finishing does not equal failure.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment