Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Lot of Opportunities

I have a lot of opportunities these days to identify distorted thoughts, most of them are related to work, but a couple are related to outside work activities (including this app).  The thoughts are mostly forecasts of conflict, failure, and just being overwhelmed by the workload.  Sometimes I'm good at challenging these thoughts.  When I am, I catch them early and counter them quickly.  The app helps by letting me record things that have happened before and identifying mitigation strategies.  Just reviewing my recurring thought patterns has helped me capture and challenge these thoughts early in their development.  Today I had some challenges due to a long meeting we had.  Meetings like that make it tough to get away and collect my thoughts.  I can say that when I got home and felt overwhelmed by the tasks I had to do, I was able to recognize that just starting on one task can help me feel better.  I have entries related to this on my phone.  I was able to start one task but couldn't finish it because I need a little more information, however, I did feel better.  Using Mood Sentry to capture things like this pays off in the future.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment