Saturday, June 15, 2013

Took a Hike Today

I like to hike.  On of the things I like about it is the chance to think, and today I was reflecting on the thoughts driving my mood nowadays.  I recognized some should statements and forecasting.  I think a lot of this is driven by my natural tendency toward all or nothing thinking.  This made me reflect back on my childhood and the thoughts I had back then.  I really don't remember the specific thoughts, but I remember the feelings of anxiety, sadness, and that something bad was going to happen.  These were probably driven by the same thought patterns I still have.  But now I'm better able to manage them and I seem to get better as time goes bye.  Mood Sentry is good in that I can capture thoughts at the time of distress, or near to that time.  Reviewing multiple entries at a time helps me identify recurring patterns.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment