Thursday, February 28, 2013

Was Ruminating Last Night on Work

I was having a tough time putting one of my work issues to rest last night.  I was just reviewing my Observations in the Tools section of Mood Sentry, and I see that i have an entry related to ruminations.  This is a fairly recent entry that I started a couple of weeks ago.  At the time I was attributing my ruminating during the night to Magnification.  I'm not sure that fits what was going on last night.  I think last night was more related to the concept of personalization.  I have an issue at work and I'm obsessing on fixing it.  That doesn't really sound that bad to me, because as lead it's my job to fix it.  However, that's not quite right.  It's actually my job to either fix it or make sure that it's being fixed.  Note the difference.  Of course I can't fix everything and I'm not expected to.  I was ruminating on something that couldn't be fixed without the input of others.  It didn't need to be fixed last night, and couldn't be fixed last night.  Somehow I have to figure out how to recognize that sometimes things need to be put down and let rest.  I'll work on this and tune my Observation a bit and see what develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment