Friday, March 1, 2013

Feeling of Doom Today

I woke early this morning with a general feeling of doom.  I've posted about this in the past, and it's something I've dealt with on occasion since I was a kid.  It's this feeling that something bad is going to happen today, but I don't know what it will be.  I know I'm going through a period of depression right now that's deeper than normal.  That's making it difficult for me to set some time aside to use Mood Sentry.  Here's the thing though, when I do use it I feel a bit better.  I've used the app for over a year and a half now and over that time I've built up plenty of entries that can help me address the thoughts that come up during bouts like this.  In times like this I usually find that a little push to use the app helps, which was the driver for having the reminders in the app.  However, today it just wasn't enough.  I finally got around to opening the app late this afternoon and saw some entries that helped me feel a bit better.  I checked my prioritization scheme which helped me realize that I'm tackling the important stuff.  I checked my daily goals and realized that I haven't updated that in a couple of days.  Oops.  I reviewed some Essays and Observations that indicated simply doing something when I'm feeling like this can help, which is kind of funny because when I pushed myself to do something I felt a bit better.  Looking back on the day it went pretty well so far and I see no reason for that to change.  Let's see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment