Saturday, February 16, 2013

It Can Take a While to Wind Down

Even though I'm getting better at catching myself when I have a distorted thought, I still get wound up at times and it can take a while to wind back down.  Today I had just such an episode in which my wife mentioned something and I got wrapped around the axle due to my typical forecasts of lost free time and getting pushed into something I don't want to do.  I had the wherewithal to mention how I felt to my wife, who assured me that my forecasts were unfounded and sympathized with my feelings.  I know I jumped to the wrong conclusion but I'm still a little wound up.  So, I'm probably still a little susceptible to emotional reasoning and will be on the lookout for thoughts driven by my anxious state right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment