Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tough Day Today

Lots went on today at work, all money related and involving both suppliers and customers.  Things were hectic during the day so I didn't get a chance to review my entries in the app.  I did get a chance this evening, and I think I know what was driving my angst.  It was mind reading.  I reflected back on my day and believe that I was mind reading what suppliers, my teammates, my customer, and my boss were or would be thinking about my performance.  When I figured that out this evening I challenged those thoughts by asking myself what evidence do I have that anyone is thinking less of me because of these issues?  None. One of the challenges that came up was effectively dealt with, at least for now.  The other really isn't an issue at this time.  I started to feel better when I couldn't find any evidence to support those thoughts.  Reflecting back on my performance, I think I did pretty good dealing with these challenges.  I still have more work to do on one of them, but that's OK.  I'll work through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment