Sunday, February 24, 2013

Feeling a Bit Down Today

I think I'm just lamenting that I can't take the time off I planned to take.  I'm thankful that I have a job, particularly in this economy.  I know some distortions are at play with my mood, such as I'll never get to take a week of, and this is always going to happen, but I know both these thoughts are false.  The main driver for not taking this week off is a proposal effort with a near-term due date.  That will come to an end and after that I have another week off planned.  Also, I've taken plenty of time over my career and will do so in the future.  It's opportunities like this that have enabled me to have such a long career.  I know that I'm still around because when I was a young engineer there were senior engineers who pursued opportunities like this and had to give time up to do so.  Now it's my turn to pay it forward.  I'm feeling a bit better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment