Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Day Went Pretty Well

I reviewed the app this morning and in particular my entries related to social events and dealing with other people.  I had an all day meeting with people I had only spoken to on the phone or just met the other day.  I'm often very quiet around people I just meet until I get a feeling for how to behave around them.  In addition, I often have a problem focusing on the person in front of me in a room full of commotion.  Because today's meeting included lunch and dinner, I started having a bit of anxiety in regards to how I would behave during lunch and dinner, the concern being that I would be too aloof.  Reviewing my entries helped by reminding me of some of my challenges in these situations.  There's not much I can do about some of my challenges, such as being easily distracted, though I did try focusing on one speaker's nose to limited success.  My mind and thoughts still wandered at times but I was more aware of this and able to catch it fairly quickly and re-focus.  Sometimes I simply don't know what to say.  When that happens I refer to a work book I have that tells me for events like this, the current situation and common interests are fair game for conversation.  That may sound trivial but it helps  guy like me.  Overall, I stressed a bit more than typical, ate a bit more and a bit worse than usual, but had a pretty good meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment